Are you driven to give your all for your team?
At Financial Advocates we support hundreds of independent financial advisors striving every day to do what is best for their clients. By focusing on doing our best for them, we empower them to be their best. Together we are better.
If you are a go-getter who enjoys working in a highly collaborative team-environment, we invite you to explore our open positions.
Client Service Specialist - Beaverton, OR
Job Title: Client Service Specialist
Reports To: Office Manager
Location: Portland, OR 97239
Prepared Date: 1/16/20
We are an established and growing wealth management firm seeking a full-time Client Service Specialist to assist us in our mission of helping clients achieve their financial goals. There is lots of room for professional advancement and we need a professional who prioritizes accuracy, reliability and speed in daily tasks, and can interact comfortably on the phone and in person with clients. We pride ourselves on creating a great work environment and envision substantial growth for this position over the next 2-4 years as our practice continues to grow.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Handles client communication & coordination, including greetings
- Data entry & paperwork filing/scanning
- Maintains & organizes client and office records
- Manages calendars and sets appointments for two financial advisors
- Manages the office to include all incoming emails, addressing client calls and streamlining office systems for maximum efficiency
- Assists with prospecting and scheduling client seminars, and follows up with attendees to secure meetings
- Strategizes and executes on marketing plans to include disseminating information about seminars offered, planning events & social media
- Innovates to improve systems and add value in this arena
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be able to travel for training opportunities and to attend conferences
- Must be extremely detailed oriented and organized
- Must be thorough and have excellent follow-through
- Must possess great communication skills
- Can easily pick up new technology and learn to master various software, including RedTail & Calendly
- Is optimistic, has an upbeat attitude & possesses a strong work ethic
- Must have a genuine interest in serving and caring for other people
- Solves problems on their own, using the resources around them
- Adaptable multi-tasker able to switch gears easily
- Approachable and accessible in terms of both schedule & personality
- Coachable, humble and able to accept feedback
- Confident and able to push back or negotiate where appropriate
- Creative in marketing, relationship building & problem solving
- Strong anticipatory and planning skills
- High emotional intelligence and steady composure
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite is a must
Education and/or Experience:
- Experience in the financial services industry is preferred, but not required
- Insurance and/or securities licenses (series 6 or 7) are a huge plus, but not required
If this sounds like a position in which you would excel, please send us your resume (attached as a Word Document) with a cover email to the attention of Chrissy via careers @ financialadvocates dot com — please do not attach your cover letter as a Word Document to the email. Also, please use your last name somewhere in your resume’s file name.
Please be aware that we will initially be responding to your submission by email, so please watch for an email from financialadvocates dot com. We look forward to hearing from you!