INSIGHTSNEWS, ARTICLES AND FINANCIAL UPDATES
Turning Should into Must!
Now’s the Time to Register for Ignite!
In April, we brought the best to the Pacific Northwest to create an easy to access, top tier event for independent advisors to connect, collaborate, and learn. Elevate took place at the Bell Harbor International Conference Center in Seattle and was attended by over two hundred financial advisors, assistants, partners, and industry leaders. If you missed Elevate, you have another opportunity to attend a leading conference when Ignite comes to Portland in October. Here’s a recap of what occurred at Elevate to give you a sense of why you must attend Ignite.
- Gary Campbell and Angela Vlach, our executive team at Financial Advocates, kicked-off the conference by calling on advisors to shift their thinking.
“Whatever you are thinking you SHOULD do at this moment is unique to you, your practice and your circumstances,” said Campbell. “Take a moment to write down the things you should be doing. Think about all the things you want to accomplish in your practice. Elevating your choices is much more than saying I am going to expand my practice or hire additional support staff. It’s more than deciding. It’s about acting. And actions you take, turn those ‘SHOULDS’ into ‘I MUST DO – I WILL DO.’ ”
- Cathy Fenimore, Frank Gambardella, and Soliman Popal, all experienced members of the Financial Advocates’ team, joined Gary and Angela on stage to provide examples of the work they are doing to help advisors elevate their choices, grow their businesses, and build lasting legacies.
- Over forty-five industry professionals continued the focus of helping advisors to turn their “shoulds” into “musts” with valuable insight presented at over 37 breakout sessions.
- Keynote speaker, Paul Cahill of Virtus Investment Partners, encouraged advisors to change their perspective on what they see as challenges, form new habits and adapt, be themselves and work at becoming more familiar with their clients.
- Duncan MacPherson, of Pareto Systems, delivered a powerful keynote presentation on the power of process for converting more clients.
- Main Stage presentations were conducted by the following presenters and sponsors of the two-day event:
- Judge, Columbia Threadneedle – “Protect Yourself, From Yourself”
- Mark Eibel, Russell Investments – “Market Update – What to Expect in 2019”
- Paul Nicely, Eaton Vance – “The Art of New Client Attraction”
- Susan Olson, Natixis Investment Managers – “Washington Update: How the 2019 Agenda affects the Markets and Financial Services”
- Damon Novelli, Legg Mason – “Teaming: Best Practices of High Performing Teams”
- Other highlights of the conference included two insightful advisor panel discussions; one focused on Women in Financial Services, and the other Elevate Your Practice in 2019 both with leading advisors.
If you thought you should attend Elevate but didn’t, here is another opportunity to turn that should go into a must! Ignite is coming to Portland, Oregon October 21-22, 2019. Reserve your spot now!